Market Rep Job Description & Application
Austin-based, women-owned ethical brands looking for socially conscious & engaging market reps to help with upcoming markets.
Shows typically include 1 or 2 day pop-ups & markets in and around Austin.
Paid time includes an hour for set up & an hour for breakdown.
Market Rep Job Description:
- Some previous retail experience. Experience with Square and/or Shopify POS helpful.
- Excited about ethical & social brands. You’ll have the opportunity to represent several different brands (don’t worry, just one per market). You must be able to speak knowledgeably to what makes that brand unique. Each brand will provide you with answers to FAQs.
- Charismatic & comfortable engaging with customers.
- Dependable & timely.
- Located in or near Austin.
- Access to a vehicle that can transport foldable tables, inventory, clothing racks & sometimes tents. Need will vary based on brand.
- Able to lift 25 lbs. You’ll be responsible for loading inventory, display items & tables in & out of markets.
- Able to merchandise a booth according to visual instructions while also thinking flexibly as each booth can have it’s own individual challenges to figure out such as adapting to a smaller size, random pole, or weird hallway set up.
Applications currently open. APPLY HERE.
Remnant Studios - a handcrafted porcelain & wood jewelry brand whose mission is to raise funds to fight & bring awareness to the world-wide crisis of human slavery & trafficking.
Kathy Phantastic - hand-illustrated watercolor stickers, pet portraits, stationery & magnets for foodies & animal lovers.
Purse & Clutch - ethically handmade handbags creating sustainable, living wage jobs for artisans in Mexico & Ethiopia.