We’re looking for three part-time employees (15 - 25 hours a week) to join our team who can do the following for our new retail shop in Austin, TX:
- Greet customers warmly, provide customers with an excellent in store experience, being attentive to the individual wants/needs of each customer. Answer questions about the shop & our products from the story of how they are made to how to accessorize & how to care for each item.
- Open and/or close the shop including cash registers, counting money, balancing cash drawers, & making deposits. Maintain knowledge of current sales & promotions, policies regarding payment & exchanges, & security practices. Check out customers & package purchases while making every effort to make a personal connection with each customer.
- Watch for & recognize security risks & thefts, & know how to prevent or handle these situations.
- Process new inventory shipments with our Inventory Management Software. Check for quality & be the point of communication with our Production Directors of any quality control issues. Add tags to items & add to shelves or stockroom as needed. Clean shelves, counters, floors, & tables. Straighten up merchandise as needed throughout your shift.
We’re looking for a mix of the following responsibilities to be taken on by our three employees during work hours:
- Create seasonal window displays that reflect the Purse & Clutch brand. Arrange the shop displays to maximize sales.
- Ship our online retail orders & take care of retail customer service emails – will need to bring own laptop.
- Ship our online wholesale orders & take care of wholesale customer service emails – will need to bring own laptop.
- Coordinate monthly in-store events.
And possible extra duties depending on experience & desire to be done during work hours:
- Manage our Amazon Marketplace account
- Product Photography
- Create Blog Content
- Create & execute in store marketing campaigns for Social Media
- Manage re-ordering of inventory from our Ethiopia artisan team